Centra Foundation Grants
The Centra Foundation grants program will award funiding to recognized 501(c)(3) organizations located in areas where Centra Credit Union members live and work may apply for grants.
Grant Guidelines - Funding Interests:
Centra Foundation provides funding within four areas of focus:
Financial Literacy – Due to its financial heritage Centra has a strong belief in the importance of financial education. The foundation will support programs and initiatives that provide educational opportunities to children and adults that will develop and strengthen money-management skills and provide a pathway to self-sufficiency.
Pressing Community Needs – Each of communities where Centra has a presence has its own distinct needs. The foundation will supportive collaborative efforts to address local needs.
Disaster Relief – Centra foundation will provide funding support within each of its 30 member counties in the event of a disaster.
Funding Decisions will be based on the following:
- The community issue the program/project is designed to address
- The intended outcomes/goals of the program
- The number of residents that will benefit from the program
- How the impact of the program will be measured
- The strengths and capabilities of the organization/collaboration to successfully complete the project
Grants will not be made:
- To individuals
- For general operating costs
- For individual school needs
- For agency endowments
- For events, performances, seminars or field trips unless there are special circumstances which will benefit the community
- To faith-based organizations unless the project in question is not religious in nature, is not restricted based on faith, and involves no faith-based proselytizing