The Centra Foundation is accepting grant applications for its fall/winter grant cycle. The Foundation is dedicated to a philosophy of People Helping People and invites grant proposals from qualified not-for-profit organization serving residents in the communities where Centra members and employees live and work.
Grant Applications will be accepted for programs and projects that impact two of the foundation's areas of focus.
Financial Literacy – Due to its financial heritage Centra has a strong belief in the importance of financial education. The foundation will support programs and initiatives that provide educational opportunities to children and adults that will develop and strengthen money-management skills and provide a pathway to self-sufficiency.
Pressing Community Needs – Each of communities where Centra has a presence has its own distinct needs. The foundation will support collaborative efforts to address local needs.
Funding Decisions will be based on the following:
- The community issue the program/project is designed to address
- The intended outcomes/goals of the program
- The number of residents that will benefit from the program
- How the impact of the program will be measured
- The strengths and capabilities of the organization/collaboration to successfully complete the project
Grants will not be made:
- To individuals
- For general operating costs
- For individual school needs
- For agency endowments
- For events, performances, seminars or field trips unless there are special circumstances which will benefit the community
- To faith-based organizations unless the project in question is not religious in nature, is not restricted based on faith, and involves no faith-based proselytizing
Contact Lyn Morgan with any questions regarding the grant program at email@example.com or 812-314-0285 or 800-232-3642 ext 0285